One Two Oh My God.



















We all have one, that band that stole your young heart forever. Mine, oddly enough was
The Beastie Boys. I remember the first time i ever heard them, it was Paul's Boutique and it was summer time and i was riding in the back of a car full of kids older than i should of probably been hanging out with and i was forever hooked. It wasn't until college that i heard them again, bought every album, went to every show that a midwest girl could get to. I had an old you-can-take-it-with-you cassette player in my two-tone gold&brown Chrysler K-car that played PB on repeat for over a year of burn cruises, river trips, after bars, make outs, thunderstorms, and beer runs....

Riddle me this brother can you handle it
Your style to my style you can't hold a candle to it
Equinox symmetry and the balance is right
Smokin' and drinkin' on a Tuesday night
It's not how you play the game it's how you win it
I cheat and steal and sin and I'm a cynic
For those about to rock we salute you
The dirty thoughts for dirty minds we contribute to
I once was lost but now I'm found
The music washes over and you're one with the sound
Who shall inherit the earth the meek shall
I think I'm starting to peak now Al
And then the man upstairs well I hope that he cares
If I had a penny for my thoughts I'd be a millionaire
We're just 3 M.C.'s and we're on the go
SHADRACH MESACH ABEDNAGO



I will love you all forever, and mom your just jealous it's the Beastie Boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment